Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 9th, 2016: Lunch with Nirayama High School Students

Japanese students visited Poly from Nirayama High School and I got the exciting chance to eat lunch and converse with these students for a short while. I was really happy to talk to these students that really were also excited to share their culture with us. They tried to help us pronounce their names right and also tried to teach us some fun Japanese words. Although I can't even remember any of the words they tried to teach us, I really appreciated their efforts. We had Nirayama's Cheer Leader sitting at our table and he explained the significance of his armband to us. It has their school logo which are the horns of a dragon because the translation of their high school in English has the word Dragon. We watched him tie his red wraps as seen in the picture which seemed really complicated. He was very excited to perform for us and we couldn't wait to see our new friend lead his fellow students. They sang us their school song and we were quite impressed and gossiped about wanting our own school song. I really loved getting to hear about their experiences at their school and definitely wished I had the space to host a student! I can't wait for our next group of exchange students to come visit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment